Set the Pace – Lead the Change: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated National Coordinator to manage and grow the Sanctuary Runners’ activities in Ireland.
Role: National Coordinator of the Sanctuary Runners Ireland
Location: Remote working, with travel nationwide as needed
Salary: Circa €55,000 (salary will reflect experience of the candidate)
Employment: This is a full-time post (35 hours per week). There is a possibility the organisation would consider a proposal from the successful candidate to work 4.5 days a week or an absolute minimum of 4 days a week.
Contract: This is a 12-month contract. There is a six-month probationary period. Any decision on the future of the post will depend on organisational funding.
The Sanctuary Runners was formed in Cork in 2018 and brings together people from wider Irish society and people seeking International Protection to walk, jog or run as one group. Over the past 4-years, the Sanctuary Runners has grown to 25 groups around Ireland and 5,000 people have represented the Sanctuary Runners at local, national and international events. The impact of the Sanctuary Runners is far reaching, providing a bridge within the community and an opportunity to do something WITH rather than FOR our friends seeking International Protection. The Sanctuary Runners operates under the principles of Solidarity, Friendship and Respect.
How can you make a difference?:
We are now seeking a National Coordinator to join our dedicated team and to lead the development and promotion of the Sanctuary Runners in Ireland and to build the capacity of the organisation to carry out its mission. The ideal candidate will have strong planning, communication and organisational skills, a talent for people management, including volunteers, be highly motivated yet compassionate. The National Coordinator will report directly to the CEO and should be available for travel as needed.
Statement on Solidarity, Participation and Inclusion:
A commitment to solidarity, participation and inclusion is one of the fundamental values of the Sanctuary Runners. We therefore endeavour to ensure that everyone, particularly marginalised and disadvantaged groups who might be affected by policy are considered and included in the conversation. We acknowledge our privilege as people working in an NGO and understand the fact that there may be barriers to participation. We strive to expand and diversify civic engagement, by creating spaces for everybody to participate and be included in activism and political change.
As part of this commitment to the values of solidarity, participation and inclusion we strongly encourage applications from those with identities under-represented in the environmental movement, for example: people of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, those seeking asylum or with refugee status, people with a disability, or people are who members of an ethnic minority.
Duties will include:
- Direct and manage the day-to-day operations and activities of the Sanctuary Runners Ireland in a professional, organised and respectful manner.
- Provide leadership, support, and guidance to staff and volunteers through open clear communications. This will include in-person meetings and conferences.
- Coordinate programme planning operations and activities on a national basis and seek opportunities to grow and promote the organisation.
- Ensure the development and support of staff and volunteers through appropriate training.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate the work of facilitators and volunteers.
- Deliver, through appropriate plans, the objectives of the organisation.
- Represent the organisation in public forums such as conferences and professional meetings.
- To adhere to legal frameworks, specifically the Charity Regulator’s policies and procedures.
- Create opportunities to promote and grow awareness of the Sanctuary Runners and its mission.
- To adhere to overall budget and individual funding requirements of the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following experience:
- Proven ability to successfully manage others and build motivated teams.
- Ideally, experience of working in a voluntary organisation, with asylum seekers/refugees, or in a sporting environment.
- An ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations – within Sanctuary Runners and with key partners/stakeholders around the country.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in individual and group situations in a professional manner.
- Good group facilitation skills/experience.
- Good understanding of budgeting and finance related matter
- Ability to anticipate challenges and put appropriate plans in place
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM system.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- A positive outlook, with resilience and persistence in the face of barriers and setbacks.
- A knowledge of Ireland’s International Protection System and the issues faced by people currently in the system would be an advantage.
- Full driving licence required.
Apply by emailing your CV and Letter of Application to email@example.com
Closes: March, 4th 2022