Group Lead and Core Team Member
Who are you?
- You’re interested in bringing your community together and think running or walking is a great way of doing it.
- You might be living in your area a long term, new to the locality, or living in a direct provision centre or emergency accomodation.
- You have the energy and enthusiasm to help organise a group – with our support of course!
- Visiting or recruiting from your direct provision and emergency accommodation centres in your area to encourage residents to run, jog or walk with the group.
- Connect and engage with migrant communities and community groups in your area to promote Sanctuary Runners and encourage the wider community to join the weekly or monthly runs.
- Connect with other community groups in your area to promote Sanctuary Runners.
- Promote group runs or walks on social media channels.
- Organise and support the wider group to participate in their local weekly or monthly run, posting in whatsapp channel, helping to arrange lifts from direct provision or emergency accommodation if required.
- Be part of the wider Sanctuary Runners regional team, connecting and supporting each other.
We are currently recruiting for core team volunteers or group leads in:
- Cork City and Cobh
- Galway City and Gort
- Waterford City
If you would like to setup a group in your town or city not listed above, please do get in touch.
Contact us for further details.
Sanctuary Runner Member
- Come along to your local group, run, jog, walk or volunteer
- Wear the Sanctuary Runner top at events and races
- Give lifts to the local run or other events to people living in direct provision or emergency accommodation