Code of Conduct for Sanctuary Runners
We believe the Sanctuary Runners community should provide a positive, respectful and inclusive experience for everyone. The Sanctuary Runners Movement is committed to providing a friendly, supportive, safe, genuine and welcoming environment for all participants and expects everyone to treat each other with respect and courtesy. The following Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour.
Sanctuary Runners Aim:-
The core aim of the Sanctuary Runners is to bring local residents and people from a migrant background together to build friendships and better understanding, through the action of running, jogging or walking side-by-side.
Sanctuary Runners Belief:-
At the Sanctuary Runners everyone is equal, and participants’ actions and conduct should reflect this. The Sanctuary Runners is focussed primarily on solidarity rather than charity – and we are apolitical. We are not a campaign group and our focus is on running/jogging/walking together.
Specific Code of Conduct:-
- As Sanctuary Runners we respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person in the Sanctuary Runners.
- As Sanctuary Runners we treat everyone equally, regardless of age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- As Sanctuary Runners we promote a sporting environment free from the threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- As Sanctuary Runners we have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- While anyone can associate with a protest group or campaign in their own name, we ask they do not do so in the name of the Sanctuary Runners.
- Do not use the Sanctuary Runners for the purpose of recruitment to a political/religious/campaign group or for the purpose of controlling/monitoring local migrants.
- Do not use the group network, including WhatsApp groups, to sell or promote their own individual causes.
- Do not use the Sanctuary Runners, or photos of the Sanctuary Runners, for personal political gain.
Social Media Rules of Conduct:-
This policy does not intend to inhibit personal use of social media.
- However, as a Sanctuary Runner your online values and policies should be consistent with those of the Sanctuary Runners.
- Sanctuary Runner participants should not post indecent, offensive, discriminatory or defamatory content.
- If you identify as a Sanctuary Runner online, then you should abide by the behaviours and values of our code.
- You must make it clear when you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of the Sanctuary Runners.
If we, the local/regional/national coordinators, have any concerns about your conduct whilst running with, or whilst being part of, the Sanctuary Runners, we will discuss this with you. Continuation of any inappropriate behaviour will result in you being asked to leave the Sanctuary Runners.
Code of Conduct November 2020 Graham Clifford, National Coordinator